Retin-A: Commonly referred to as the ‘Fountain of Youth’ in a bottle
Ok we all want as many non-invasive, anti-ageing, ‘mini-miracles in a bottle’ that we can get. Do they really exist though? Well there are few ‘gold standard’ products that most experts agree give measurable results and Retin-A is one of them.
SO WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRETINOIN AND RETINOL?
TRETINOIN is a PRESCRIPTION ONLY form of pure Retinoic Acid also commonly known as Retin-A or Vitamin A. It provides quicker skin improvement than Retinol but it is more likely to cause skin irritation like redness, itching and peeling.
- Speeds up cell turnover
- Assists with the fading of pigmentation
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores
- Assists with rebuilding collagen and elastin
- Re-texturizes the skin’s surface
- Reduces the appearance of mild to moderate acne
- Use at night on clean, dry skin. This is important as many chemicals interfere with the effectiveness.
- Allow for it to fully absorb before applying any other products.
- Start with a low dose to build tolerance. This many include using it on alternative nights as you build tolerance. Tolerance will create better results.
- Less is more.
- Continued use is the key for best results.
- You may experience some skin irritation like redness, itching or peeling when starting to use a Vitamin A product.
- IMPORTANT: Get good advice from your doctor, dermatologist or skincare professional before using this or any Vitamin A product.
- Improvements take time. Tretinoin users have reported that brown spots normally take about 6-8 weeks to fade and fine wrinkles start to diminish after 3-6 months of use. This may vary with each person.
- Even though I have not experienced any significant skin irritation if my skin feels dry I reduce the use to alternate nights for a week.
- Has it changed or improved my skin? At 50+ I am lucky enough to already have good skin despite being brought up in New Zealand where the sun is scorching. What I have used for a fair portion of my life is sunscreen and I suspect that beyond anything else this has contributed towards my skin quality which is why it remains my Number 1 anti-ageing tip.
WHERE TO BUY RETRIEVE:
See your Doctor or Dermatologist