Eyelash Extensions! I sum them up as TOTAL GORGEOUSNESS and rate them as one of my top beauty tips. While I don’t wear them all the time, when I do its magical. Keep in mind in this photo I am virtually makeup free but look at the impact of those lashes! Here’s a Lash Extension rundown:
Not all lash extensions are created equal! Be sure to go to Lash Technician with a good reputation who uses excellent quality extensions and glue. My go to place is Lash Noir.
- Application takes around 1.5-2hrs for a full set depending on the volume you want. Relax and enjoy.
- The technician should apply the lashes to suit the look you want and customise this to your eye shape! Glam…Fullness…Length…or a more natural look if that’s what you are after.
HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
- For me they last around 2 weeks looking full and lush. By the end of week 3 they start to get patchy.
- The lashes should fall off with the natural cycle of losing your own lashes. DO NOT try to remove the lashes yourself. This may damage your natural lashes.
- It is recommended that you go for an infill every 3-4 weeks but for me by week 4 I need a complete new set.
- You should not feel the lashes at all. If you do, tell your technician.
- There is nothing like waking up looking all glam and lash extensions give you bucket loads of GLAM.
- They allow you to wind back the eye makeup and let the lashes speak for themselves.
- The perfect get-up-and-go solution. Lash impact – TICK! Less eye makeup – TICK!
- For me they are absolutely PERFECT when travelling and/or on holiday.
- For lash care and health I use the RevitaLash Advanced Lash Growth Serum to protect against breakage while improving lash health, flexibility and strength.
- I do reluctantly give my lashes a break from extensions to ensure maximum health.
Your beautiful new lashes need to be treated well if you are going to get good wear out of them.
- Keep them dry as possible for 24-36hrs after application. Try to avoid steamy environments during this period too. The drier the environment the better.
- Use oil free eye makeup removers.
- Don’t play with your lashes.
- Don’t rub your eyes.
- Don’t use wipes or cotton pads on your lashes. The fibres are likely to get stuck in the lashes.
- Clean them properly a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser.
- Speak to your technician if you have any concerns.
BEFORE YOU GO FOR YOUR VISIT
- Make sure you are not wearing any eye makeup